Tuesday, July 12

I'm tuckered but I've got something for you

Whew.
I'm plum wore out.
I've so much to tell you,
pictures to share,
stuff to blab.....
we've been go-go-going.
July has been sooooo much fun!
I'm just tired.


That's how she fell asleep.
But I must share this with you first.
My conscience just won't let me keep
this treasured recipe to myself
any longer!


Sugar Cookies
from my friend, the lovely lady Catherine

1 C. butter

1 ½ C. sugar

Cream, and add:

1 t. vanilla

2 eggs

1 C. sour cream

(yogurt works the same)

Mix, then add:

5 C. flour

2 t. baking powder

1 t. baking soda

½ t. salt

Mix together. Chill at least 1 hour. ( I rarely chill it - like I'm really going to wait that long to savor these delicious oh-so-soft cookies!)

Roll out on floured surface to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes, bake at 375˚ for 8-10 minutes.

~~Bree's tips~~

*Cookies should not brown

*Remove immediately to cooling rack

*Whip the heck out of the sugar/butter mixture

as well as the frosting.

*This makes a LOT so be prepared

to share!

Butter Cream Frosting

1 lb. powdered sugar

½ C. margarine

½ C. shortening

1 t. vanilla

2 T. milk

Blend margarine and shortening. Mix in vanilla. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Mix in milk and beat.

3 comments:

  1. MM, those sounds awesome. We will have to make those next week. Don;t forget about those Rootbeer cookies~amy Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I LOVE sugar cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for going the extra mile to leave a note. xoxo