Wednesday, February 2

shadows

According to Mia,
the groundhog did not see his shadow today.
I haven't confirmed it,
but I do know that I loved the shadows
that I saw this morning in my front room.
I spy Bree.
Lovely, lovey shadows.

Valentine's Day is my
favorite holiday.
:)
I totally am in love with the magic that the sun creates.
But today, I'm venturing into the shadows.
The stuff behind the camera.
The dustbunnies, the moldy shower, the pile of dirty diapers on the garage steps,
the crumbs on the floor that are who knows how old.
Because as cheery and full of sunshine and hearts and happiness as it gets on my lil' blog here,
last week stunk.
Remember this cute post?
"All timid & shy & scared was I" to really pour some serious heart.
There were dark & heavy shadows nearly consuming me and I was crumbling inside.
What that post was really saying was
Life is too much to bear!
I want to run away!
My heart weighs a trillion pounds.
Grief is consuming my being.
It was bad.
I didn't do a single thing for 2 days.
No shower, no brush through my hair, no brushing teeth, no getting dressed,
no loading the dishwasher or clearing away junk
on the counters, no NOTHIN'.
In other words, my family was severely neglected.
I tried really hard before the blow hit.
I could feel it creeping toward me and so I fought it.
Like cookies.
Chocolate cookies with those
blue & white York candies.
In special honor of the Cougars and Jimmer!

I invited a sweet to-be friend over for waffles.
But she woke up sick and couldn't come.
So Ella & I dined on a fabulous brunch.
Just the 2 of us.

This is one of my favorite things:
a friend or 2 over for waffles while the kids are at school,
using cloth napkins and a pretty tablecloth,
butter on a fancy teacup saucer,
whip cream, fruit,
hot syrup,
crisp waffles.
It really is so simple and I think you should all try it soon.
Maybe even invite someone you don't know very well?
Just an idea.





I was pushing through this day, I remember.
Taking pictures always brings me up when I'm down.
And I really adore this babe of mine, too.
The smiles & laughs she gives me!


Then there was the night Mia lost her
FIRST tooth.
So exciting.
So cute.

Toothfairy brought her a dollar & a dime,
wrapped in pink ribbon,
and a rhyme.

But come the pain did.
And I was reminded of how necessary trials are.
For it's only then can we feel the beauty of JOY.
That overwhelming gladness that this gem called life
is unique and sacred and mine.
With my treasured family.


The shadows eventually faded and disappeared.
My husband & mom came to the rescue.
And I had all of Saturday to myself.
To clear my head, clear my house, clear out room for joy.
It was good. And needed.
And now I'm back.
Taking pictures. Of shadows. The happy ones.




Thanks for your kind words last week.
You guys are great.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you are at least. I can't wait for you guys to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope our little talk last week hasn't been the source of your troubles. :( If so, it will work itself out!
    And just curious...have you ever tried your waffles with ice cream? We have a version of strawberry waffles at our house but we use ice cream instead of whipping cream. It's delicious and I hope you try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breeze, you are an awesome wife and mother. We couldn't be more blessed to have you in our lives.

    We love you!

    ~Brian, Mia, Wyatt, and Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet Bree - you are an amazing person. You are allowed to have bad days..just remember you are loved by tons of people..including people who have never met you in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a few of my own "this is not what I signed up for" moments last week. My special little one had two trips to the hospital. I think all mamas have those times, and like you said, it helps us see the beauty of joy. Love your happy shadows. Most especially the self-portrait with the heart shadow over your heart! Awesome pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bree- Thank you for sharing your heart with us! You are so very loved!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree, you are such an inspiration to so many ~ I think of you often. Take time for yourself to recharge. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bree, we've all been there. You're not alone. You are a wonderful mother to your special boy! Hang in there. Spring is right around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for going the extra mile to leave a note. xoxo