Wednesday, April 27

crunchies & cookies

This was my view this morning
as I did crunchies....
Spring skies!
Perfect.
And,
the reason I do crunchies:
Cookies.
This may appear to be
the standard cookie
with white chocolate chips.
Anything but,
my friends.
This cookie has a secret.
It should be called "Rays of Sweet Sunshine"
or
"White Chocolate Sunburst"
or
"Mouthwatering Specks of Sunlight".
But they're simply called
"White Chocolate Lemon Cookies."
The secret being lemon.
Recipe from my friend, Rosie
Cream:
1 C butter & 1/2 C sugar & 1/2 C brown sugar
Mix in 2 eggs.
Mix dry ingredients:
2 1/4 C flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 t lemon peel, grated
(I've made these twice now in 1 week
- the 2nd time I added 3 t
of lemon & it was even better!)

Mix dry & wet & then add
2 C white chocolate chips
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
(just barely golden around the edges,
soft in the middle)

Share the sunshine!
Do an extra crunchie or two.

4 comments:

  1. Those sound yummy, I think I will have to give them a try this week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the bloggity blog tonight, catching up. (I should SO be sleeping!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!! I'm going to try those! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Easter, too! Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. Must try these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for going the extra mile to leave a note. xoxo