Tuesday, August 30

the day we ran into Miss Britt

My friend Kim commented on the blog:

I'd like to see you narrate an outing that didn't go so well. :) I take our kids out because I want our older girls to be able to experience life and have fun, but Katie is such a difficult traveler. She hates water, grass, too much activity, and being in her stroller. So usually I end up trying to keep her in one place while the older girls play and have fun. I always wish I could join them, but it's not always feasible.

For anyone reading the comments who doesn't know me, our 4 year old has complete ACC and severe developmental delays.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, Kim, here we go:

It was a beautiful summer day in June.
My friend, JoAnna, & I took our kids to get sno cones.
Harmless, right?
It's a hot summer!
It's the thing to do!
It passes the time!
It's cheap & right down the street!

The joint is right next to a busy street.
Red flag No. 1!
It was so stressful keeping track of my kids
and JoAnna's kids
AND trying to order sno cones for every body.
Oh, nice, they don't take debit.
What?!!
Who ever heard of such a thing?
(my friends own this place, :) I love you guys!
but c'mon!)

So after getting cash from the gas station.........
Miss Britt shows up with her kids to get sno cones, too!

Do you spy the shade umbrella
sticking out of Bugg's chair?
Keep it in mind!

Wahoooo!
We have missed her!
I love chatting with Miss Britt.
I want to talk & catch up but remember that busy road?
And the small wild sno-cone eating children
running a-muck?
STREsS CiTY!
I'm trying to take pictures on top of that.
Why must I bring the blasted camera everywhere I go?


Just to capture our kids eating some
colored ice for 2 seconds,
which, of course, they don't even finish?
Really?!
Is it worth it?!!!
Brother!!!
So when we go to leave,
sweating & stressed to the max,
a big whoosh of wind swipes Bugg's umbrella out of its holder......


........and smacks right into Ella Rose!
Knocks her over
and into a mess of wails & tears.
Help me.
And that's the story of the day we ran into Miss Britt.

1 comment:

  1. It still sounds like you had fun! I can't wait to see you, you'll be around this weekend right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for going the extra mile to leave a note. xoxo